Remember those boring sides we talked about digging a deep grave for last week? Well after giggling all weekend thinking about your responses, I was inspired to create a dish with a few “sides” when paired with the right ingredients actually become the stars of the show. Who would’ve known? 🙃
This 𝗚𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗕𝗼𝘄𝗹 is a quick and easy weeknight meal and the flavor is packed from beginning to end! I can’t be the only one who loves a good “bowl” every now and again, right? Clean, healthy and packed with protein? Ok, sign me up! 🙋🏽♀️
The toppings are optional but if you have the time, you should pair it with the ones listed in this recipe. I have a new found love for pickled onions and the black bean salsa really takes this dish to the NEXT level! Recipe is below.👇🏽
1 lb Chicken
1 Bag Minute Brown Rice
1 Cup Black Bean Salsa (see previous post)
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1 Cup Pickled Red Onion
1/4 Cup Cilantro
Greek Yogurt Ranch (1) 6 Oz Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Fresh Dill
1/2 Tsp Garlic
1 TB Dry Ranch Seasoning
Pinch White pepper
Pinch of sugar
Recipe (makes 2 servings)
1. Prepare pickled onions. Please see BBQ Smoked Chicken Mac and Cheese post for recipe!
2. Prepare black bean salsa. See previous post for recipe!
3. Prepare rice according to package instructions. (I added fresh cilantro and cumin after cooked)
4. Season chicken with favorite season all spice blend. And pan sear until cooked through.
5. While chicken is being prepared, prep all toppings and set aside.
6. To prepare Greek Yogurt Ranch, blend all ingredients (except water) until smooth. Slowly add water 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency.
7. Begin playing by layering rice, black bean salsa, chicken, cucumber, pickled onion, feta cheese, avocado and cilantro. Drizzle with ranch and enjoy! ❤️